Epiphanios was born in 1854 in Agios Ambrosios and joined the Holy Monastery of Troodotissa as a noviciate at a young age and remained there until the beginning of 1870’s, when he was assigned to serve as a deacon at the church of Agia Napa in Limassol. At the same time, he went to the Greek School in the city and was taught by the famous teacher Andreas Themistocleous, thus, completing the knowledge he attained at Trooditissa. He then taught at the School and served as his teacher’s assistant for five years. At the beginning of 1880 he was set from Kyprianos, the eparch of Kiti in the village of Monagri, where he served as a priest and a teacher at the School for three years and founded the Cypriot Brotherhood of Egypt. He then served as the administrator of the holy property of the deserted monastery of the Holy Cross in the village of Omodos. Finally, in 1888, he returned to his first church according to the will of his fellow-monks and took on the Greek School that operated there at the monastery. The record of his assignment, 28th July 1888, kept in a Code at the monastery, indicates the importance placed on the operation of the schools not only for the education of the monks but also for all the Cypriots: “The following Monks Fathers of the Holy Trooditissa Monastery that comprise this assembly, bearing in mind that many of us need to learn the language and that the creation of the School might be useful for all the inhabitants of surrounding communities, we unanimously name Monk Epiphanios teacher of the Monastery for three years with an annual salary of twenty pounds sterling…the teacher will be able to stay at the monastery, eat, wash and be served for free”. In 1892, after the death of Abbot Germanos, the brotherhood of the Monastery elected Epiphanios as the new Abbot. He was Abbot of the monastery until he died, in 1915.
While he was Abbot, Epiphanios never forgot his home, his village and even helped the establishment of a school in 1909. This school that consisted of one classroom was built on a piece of land that belonged to his father and almost all inhabitants volunteered to build the school. The inauguration of the school took place in October 1909 by Epiphanios, who was also financially responsible for the preservation of the school and they payment of the teacher. The first teacher of the school was a graduate of the Girls’ School in Limassol, Eleni Moniati. In 1913 followed Micharl Fragofinos. Epiphanios’s school operated until 1960, when it was sold and turned into a house since the school of the village was built.
President of the Community Council, Panayiotou Vyronas